Got frown lines? Thinking about getting Botox or Dysport injections? Always do your research and seek out a reputable and experienced injector. Botox and Dysport are considered safe when injected correctly.
Why get injections?
1. It feels good! Yes, you heard right. Getting a neuromodulator such as Dysport or Botox injected into your forehead dramatically reduces muscle tension. The frowning muscles are also used when you are feeling stressed and squinting in bright light. It is the reason that people who suffer from migraine headaches will get injected with these products. It is my opinion that this is the best feature of getting Dysport/Botox injections.
2. Bye bye wrinkles! Dysport/Botox injections reduce and can completely eliminate wrinkles created from dynamic frowning and squinting. Because all muscles are still slightly contracted in the state of relaxation, many men and women dislike that they look unhappy or angry at rest. Getting Dysport or Botox injections stop the frown muscles from contracting so a person does not have to have an angry resting look. Eliminating muscle tension in your forehead feels good. It can also be used for squinting muscles, such as crows feet, and the wrinkles that occur on the sides of the nose.
3. It helps reduce or eliminate the “resting unhappy face.” If your injector is highly experienced with many years of advanced injecting, and is a true facial artist, they will know how to inject the muscles that pull down on the sides of your mouth. Chin dimpling, called the orange peel chin, can also be injected to soften and smooth the skin.
Again, this should only be done by a person with many years of advanced experience with Dysport and Botox injections.
4. Get a smoother-looking neck. Dysport and Botox can also be injected to smooth out the neck muscle bands that protrude as we age. These are also known as platysma muscles. It creates a softer, smoother, more youthful look.
5. Help eliminate excess sweat. It can be injected into the underarm area for men and women who experience excessive sweating called hyperhidrosis. This is a simple procedure and can last nine months to one year.
6. Improves skin texture and reduces pore size. Dysport/Botox can be injected in microdoses into the skin to reduce pore size. This gives the skin a tighter and smoother glassy effect when combined with a filler such as Restylane or Juvederm.
And finally . . .
7. It can prevent wrinkles from forming! If you are in your 20s or 30s, you can prevent dynamic wrinkles from forming by getting injections before they start etching into your skin.
There are other things to consider before getting Botox or Dysport injections. Do not get injections if you are pregnant or nursing. Dysport lasts a bit longer, smooths better, and starts working quicker. Both Dysport and Botox last about three-and-a-half to four months in the face (three times per year) and nine to 12 months when injected for hyperhidrosis. If you have more questions, schedule a consultation.