Spa visits cost Americans nearly $17 billion in 2016. Most of that money was spent on facial treatments, a type of skin care treatment that aims to improve the appearance of the face by, among other things, expelling imperfections, reducing the impression of wrinkles, moisturizing and reinvigorating the skin, and enhancing the facial muscles.
But is there evidence to reinforce the claims that these therapies actually work? Experts say yes! The specific facial you get, the spa you go to, and your skincare objectives will all affect the outcome of your facial.
Everything you need to know about spa facial treatments is included in this article. We’ll go over what’s a facial, the different kinds of facial treatments, and the possible positive effects on your appearance and health.
What Are Facial Treatments?
After a facial spa treatment, your skin will feel soft and smooth and have a more even tone and youthful appearance. Extensively trained in skin care, estheticians will thoroughly evaluate your skin to determine the best treatment. First, they remove any makeup, dirt, or oil from their face using pads or wipes. To remove all traces of your facial treatment, the expert will steam your face, apply the serum, oil, or mask of your choice, and then wipe it off with warm towels.
The face and surrounding areas are frequently massaged. After the massage, the therapist will typically apply a mask to treat specific skin concerns. A fast facial, which takes about 30 minutes, cut out most of the time spent on a regular facial. The average length of a session ranges from 60 to 90 minutes.
Why Should You Consider Facial Treatments?
Facials are beneficial for many reasons, but the most obvious are the benefits of stress reduction and skin rejuvenation. The massage and soothing aromatherapy cleansers work together to rev up your nervous system and lift your spirits. When used in combination, serums and masks that exfoliate and extract deeply can help clear out pores, allowing the skin to absorb better the vitamins and nutrients it has been treated with.
However, there are many other benefits that people fail to consider. There are many advantages to getting a professional facial, even if you don’t think you need one or have ever treated yourself to one.
- Treats Acne: To keep acne at bay, adults and teenagers alike can benefit from regular facial treatments that include microdermabrasion and extractions.
- Enhances Skin Tone: Facials use soothing skin care products to help even skin tone, which can be affected by environmental or behavioral factors like too much sun exposure or smoking. It’s possible that you won’t even need as much cosmetic enhancement.
- Slows Aging: By increasing blood flow to the face, facial massages renew skin cells, making the complexion look fresher and more elastic. Improvements in the appearance of wrinkles, sagging skin, and puffiness around the eyes.
Customized facial treatments at the spa can help alleviate your unique concerns. Facial brightening treatments use a combination of specialized creams and exfoliation methods to restore the appearance of healthy, glowing skin. Calming, gentle treatments are helpful for people with sensitive skin and stress-induced rosacea.
One can get most of these advantages from the spa, such as revitalized skin and reduced stress. Nonetheless, if you want to experience the physical benefits of facial treatments, you may want to make an appointment with a dermatologist.
Types Of Facial Treatments
All over the United States, you can get a relaxing spa facial. The following are examples of one of the facial treatments we offer:
- Diamond Glow: Diamond Glow is a dermal infusion that moisturizes, brightens, and purifies your pores. Personalized serums allow this treatment to address various skin issues effectively. You will begin the Diamond Glow treatment with a deep cleansing and dermaplaning. After having any necessary extractions done and a mild exfoliating peel applied, your skin will look firmer and brighter. After applying serums, moisturizers, and sunscreen, LED will be used as the final step in the treatment.
- Skin Brightening Facial: Your skin will be left looking fresh, smooth, and hydrated after receiving this treatment, a hybrid of some of our most beloved modalities. The skin’s texture, fine lines and wrinkles, hydration, brightness, and evenness will benefit from this brightening treatment. Experience a double cleanse, dermaplaning, brow shaping, exfoliation, gentle extractions, jelly mask (or LED therapy), serums, and SPF application. Fantastic for achieving and keeping beautiful, glowing skin every month.
- Acne Treatment Facial: There is no better facial treatment for oily or acne-prone skin. To kick things off, we use a topical oxygen infusion to help the skin detox while providing it with moisture, equilibrium, and antioxidant defense. Because of its anti-inflammatory, anti-sebaceous, and antibacterial effects, blue light LED is a popular acne treatment. You can anticipate a thorough purge, an infusion of oxygenated triatomic oxygen, and a new beginning.
- Fire & Ice Facial: Invigorate your senses with this cutting-edge therapeutic approach. The world-famous Fire & Ice Facial is a revolutionary method of skin resurfacing and rejuvenation that doesn’t involve any needles or surgery. The facial helps to restore the skin’s natural glow and minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles for a younger, more radiant look.
Consult With Experts
As medical professionals, dermatologists do more than treat skin conditions. They’ll look at your skin carefully to determine its unique strengths and weaknesses. A professional can examine your skin and recommend treatments and procedures beyond what you would find in a regular skincare routine based on their findings. Dermatologists have the specialized training to diagnose and treat severe cases of skin damage, such as discoloration or scarring.
Once they identify your skin concerns, they can better recommend the best facial treatment for your condition.
Start Your Facial Treatment Now!
At Gig Harbor Aesthetics, our experts collaborate for your benefit, providing you with the care you need to look and feel your best. That fact alone makes getting at least one facial treatment something everyone should do. Get in touch with us ASAP to set up an appointment and take advantage of these services at our clinic.